Around this Caravan and Camping Park in North Wales
Fron Farm Caravan and Camping Park is situated in a peaceful rural location near Mold in North Wales, with views towards the Clwydian Mountains.
The caravan park is ideally located for exploring Chester and the whole of North Wales including Snowdonia, the Lleyn Peninsula, and Anglesey. There are many tourist attractions to visit, stunning natural scenery to explore and outdoor activities to enjoy.
A map showing the location of the caravan and camping park, and some of the key local attractions is shown below.
Attractions Around Fron Farm Caravan and Camping Park
.. click image to enlarge
Coed y Felin
Most photos are copyright
Activities and Shops around the Caravan and Camping Park
Here are some of the other attractions and things to do in the area:
- Afonwen Craft Centre - 3 miles away
- Mold Street Market - Weds & Sat.
- Sunday morning car boot sale at Mold.
- Coed y Felin Woodland Walk - 5 minute walk away.
- Pony trekking at Linden Farm Rhes y Cae (01352 780539).
- Bridlewood Riding Stables & Beach Rides
- Loggerheads Country Park & Cafe - 5 miles away
- Moel Fammau Country Park - 1 hour walk to the highest point in Clwydian Range.
- Historic , Pretty Ruthin town.
- Fishing lakes at Wal Goch, Nannerch ( 1 mile), Glasdir Coarse Angling Centre (4 miles), and Gweryd Lakes Llanarmon Yn Ial ( 7 miles )
- Clwyd Theatre Cymru
- Greenfield Valley Country Park, Historic farm and country park - Holywell.
- Historic St. Winefreds Well - Holywell.
- Abakhan Fabric Mill at Mostyn.
- Tweedmill factory Outlets - St. Asaph.
- Historic castless including Conwy, Rhuddlan and Chirk.
- Historic Chester - Zoo, Open top bus tours, Roman amplitheatre, shopping.
- North Wales Coast - from Prestatyn, Talacre, Rhyl, Llandudno. (30 - 45 minutes by car)
- Snowdonia inc Mount Snowdon , Betws y Coed, Beddgelert (approx 1 hour drive).
- Ride North Wales Mountain Biking
- Llandegla Mountain Bike Track
- Spavens Sweet Shop, Mold.
Mold is just 4 miles away and has interesting specialist shops and major supermarkets such as Tesco (24 hour), Somerfield and Aldi. See the Clwydian Country website for more local information.
Local Places to Eat
There are plenty of places to eat and drink locally including:
- Royal Oak, Hendre - cosy country pub - sing a longs and quiz nights (no food).
- Antelope Hotel, Rhydymwyn – food served every day, children welcome, play area.
- Glasfryn, Mold - Local pub serving food.
- White Horse, Cilcain - popular with walkers, sorry no children allowed.
- Mold ( 4 miles) - Wetherspoons, large selection of fast food including English, Chinese, Indian take aways, pizza, hot chicken & McDonalds.
For a holiday with a difference hire a vintage camper van and stay at Fron Farm.
See our find us page to see our location and a route planner to help you plan your journey.
For more information, or to request a booking please contact us:
Dylan and Ceri Roberts, Fron Farm, Rhes y Cae Road, Hendre, Mold, Flintshire, North Wales. CH7 5QW. UK
satnav: use CH7 5QL, turning right for Rhes y Cae at the crossroads ahead of you.
Content is copyright Fron Farm Caravan Park, North Wales.